Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Vulgar or what?

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR
on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 at 12:08

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 at 12:08...

I was just reading about some flash harry who spent GBP 121,00 on champagne at a bar in Mayfair. Vulgar? yes no doubt. What else though? Do you think it should be possible to even spend this amount on bubbles and chardonnay? or am I having a touch of "Karl Marx" fever?

Toto said on Tue, 1 Jan 2013 at 17:22...

It is vulgar to mention it (which you have done) therefore you are guilty of vulgarity. That is all.

Anonymous said on Fri, 11 Jan 2013 at 12:26...

Vulgar and stupid all in one.....121,000!!

Old Nick said on Wed, 23 Jan 2013 at 18:52...

Flash Harry! a rather 1950s sort of expression, Prof!

Bibi la Puree said on Fri, 8 Feb 2013 at 08:10...

Vulgar? No. Cynical? Yes. I wonder did this PR stunt reveal the name of his enterprise? Could it be that the gentleman is trying to attract attention?

Here is another example:

"Le Coq d 'Argent restaurant describes its £1,000 coq au vin as "Marinated for 24 hours in one of the finest French vintages, Le Chambertin Grand Cru, Trapet 2009, the chicken is soft and tender, with elegantly rich and fruity undertones from the premium wine"

It is 1,000...that is a nice round number for the copy, eh?

Of course Le Coq sometimes gets in the news for more terrible reasons, folks tend to jump off the roof (to commit suicide)

Anonymous said on Fri, 8 Feb 2013 at 13:24...

Shame on you, Bibi! It is all for charity...for the one-legged blind dwarf children of the Pacific. Not Le Coq but you get the idea. If you think that such things - eat the biggest burger - gold leaf ice cream with caviar etc are just publicity stunts...I pity you. What happened to the youthful umbrella collector you once were? Tut tut....

Bibi la Puree said on Sat, 16 Feb 2013 at 11:16...

The bottom fell out of the umbrella market after that Roald Dahl picked up on the idea for one of 'is tales. Anyway I've off to luncheon...40 Chateau d'Yquem infused Maine lobster served on solid gold trenchers. For pudding a "mannequin gateaux" in the centre of the table. Help yourself (very causal)
It is a life-like representation of Victoria Beckham (the lips are made from Brazilian mango grown in the Amazon)

Anonymous said on Tue, 12 Mar 2013 at 09:47...

Victoria Bekenham is a class act. You heard of shabby chic...she's showy chic. Pass me the Gucci salt cellar, Norman. La Dolce Vaccus

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Sat, 25 May 2013 at 16:00...

"at one point he posted a picture of a receipt for $135,000 spent on exclusive booze, including a magnum of Armand de Brignac Nebuchadnezzar champagne with the eye-popping price tag of $100,000."

Oh! It is an epidemic!

Old Nick said on Wed, 29 May 2013 at 19:16...

Armand de Brignac again! Ever wonder who the illustrious aristocratic gentleman is...errrrrr...

"The original "de Brignac" name was registered by the Cattier family in "the late 1940s or early 50s", according to Jean-Jacques Cattier. It was chosen at that time by his mother, who had been reading a novel featuring a character named de Brignac"

Anyway he is the toast of the town in that tasteful mecca of excess, Monaco:

"A wealthy Briton splashed out £330,000 pounds on a single round of champagne as he partied with Hollywood stars including Leonardo DiCaprio at the Monaco Grand Prix.

Charles Shaker, a British entrepreneur and adviser to the ultra wealthy, forked out the fortune on an extremely rare Armand de Brignac Brut Gold 'Dynastie' collection of champagne."

Now find the novel!

ty9 said on Thu, 30 May 2013 at 07:11...

Think what good you could do with £330,000. One rather amusing thought occurs to me: what if Jean-Jacques Cattier's mother was a fan of Barbara Cartland? According to one report it was a "romantic" novel.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.