Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Absinthe spoons?

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR
on Sun, 2 May 2010 at 18:05

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Sun, 2 May 2010 at 18:05...

I was just looking at my absinthe spoon collection :-) Something to do on a Sunday afternoon after all. Just curious, how many absinthe spoons do y'all own? Maybe none! Spoons are superfulous when drining absinthe without sugar! Got any favourites?

Captain Cronk said on Fri, 14 May 2010 at 10:36...

I have a couple of absinthe spoons, one that I got with a La Fee absinthe bottle and another one that is a replica of Tolouse Lautrec.

La Fee Vertigo said on Mon, 17 May 2010 at 09:44...

replica of Toulouse Lautrec? That must be a very strange looking absinthe spoon, 4 sure. What is it like? Top hat, cane and tiny legs?

Old Nick said on Tue, 18 May 2010 at 18:29...

Ha ha! He means the spoon with TL's initials (based on a design owned by TL) I have about 10 for parties, nothing fancy though.

ty9 said on Tue, 25 May 2010 at 09:18...

Brouilleurs, spoons, absinthe fountains, absinthe glasses, spoon holders, so much "stuff" and clutter! I have a few absinthe spoons, one with a swiss cross (no ref to Heidi again please!)

La Fee Vertigo said on Thu, 27 May 2010 at 13:12...

how do you make a swiss cross? initiate a discussion on the self-serving nature of neutrality.

Old Nick said on Thu, 3 Jun 2010 at 11:29...

What about those gold (or plate) absinthe spoons? They are to put in a display cabinet I imagine. There is an amazing spoon craftsman who makes these and I am damned if I can recall his name. Basically more works of art than a functional absinthe spoon to put in the dishwasher.

La Fee Vertigo said on Sun, 6 Jun 2010 at 11:40...

Verlaine took his absinthe with sugar which spoon though????? There is a Les Cuilleres style spoon with a pirate skull on it for sale now; dear old Les! how we shall miss him.

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Tue, 8 Jun 2010 at 08:44...

Who makes the skull absinthe spoon please?

ty9 said on Sun, 13 Jun 2010 at 10:21...

Tempis Fugit, it is a LC spoon with a skull AND crossbones (the eyes and mouth of the skull form the grill)

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.