Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Mythe Absinthe

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by Old Nick
on Tue, 7 Jul 2009 at 14:29

Old Nick said on Tue, 7 Jul 2009 at 14:29...

I would like to know if anyone has tried Mythe Absinthe. It is Denoix under another label - that one is a real stinker, right from the label that claims" it has been possible to develop a totally natural method for eliminating the offending thujone and, with this out of the way, it has been possible to awake this "Sleeping Beauty" I have had the "pleasure" of being offered Denoix and I can tell you it is more Ugly Sister than Sleeping Beauty. If anyone has taken Mythe Absinthe I would like to know about it.

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Wed, 8 Jul 2009 at 08:03...

Wondering what a totally natural method for removing thujone (a natural element of Artemisia absinthium) is. Now you can chemically remove thujone after distillation or use a genetically modified plant in the first place...but how do you naturally remove it? Witchcraft? Not tried Mythe Absinthe.

W.Ormwood (HG) said on Fri, 10 Jul 2009 at 22:49...

It all depends on the moon and burying manure in cow horns in the soil (like biodynamic wine) You then take your clothes off and dance round a fire...this removes the thujone. Failing that... rip it out after distillation using chemical extraction. Denoix = Mythe :-(

Old Nick said on Mon, 13 Jul 2009 at 12:07...

All very well but I wanted to know if anyone had tried this Mythe Absinthe!

KALDORA said on Tue, 14 Jul 2009 at 01:03...

Old Nick, want to know your thoughts on Maktub?

Old Nick said on Thu, 16 Jul 2009 at 14:35...

Greetings Kaldora,

Welcome to the forum! I can't say much about Maktub bceause I'm yet to try it. My bar is quite well stocked at the moment lol so I don't think I will be making a purchase for a couple of months... though Maktub is definitely on my wishlist. People do rave about it, that much I know.

You said you'd ordered a bottle? So what did you think?? BTW, MsJekyll isn't around for a couple of weeks - I'm sure she'll get back to you later. I'd also be interested in her tasting notes.

Anyway, why don't we take the conversation over to the Maktub thread you started? Just to keep the forum a little organized....

BTW, what do you write? Prose? Poetry? Care to share some?

KALDORA said on Mon, 20 Jul 2009 at 22:41...

Old Nick,

Just wanted to let you know I took it back over to my thread. And, I'm very shy about my writing, which is poetry by the way. I also am very fond of short stories. Two separate experiences have had a profound effect on me; one, I have seen the "Blue Moon of Kentucky" and two, the wind on a lonely street in Fayetteville.

bearguy5 said on Sat, 15 May 2010 at 19:53...

I thought it to be a good kick. Maybe "poor man's absinte" but the boquet was so much better than the "nyquill" taste of others. A very stout and/but affordable spirit.

bearguy5 said on Thu, 10 Jun 2010 at 04:38...

Mythe Absinthe Traditional is a Denoix product. I was very impressed with
it over Absente. But Grande Absente is the best by far. There IS a more
marked effect with the wormwood. I dont agree that Mythe is a stinker, i
found it to be quite pleasurable.- we all got different body makeup i guess.
Or one reason is that ive bought Absinthe in the US only.

Milly said on Mon, 26 Nov 2012 at 01:20...

I tasted Mythe Absinthe. First of all, I've never had tasted absinthe before this. I spilled a slight amt on my mother's dinning room table and it took the paint off. (She was not pleased). I did not prepare it properly and decided to take a shot to the head. It took several minutes before I could speak. Literally, it burned my lips, tongue, throat and chest. I cursed profusely and decided that was it for me. As I sat watching tv, the sweating began. I found myself unable to focus my eyes as I watched the television. Went to the bathroom to regain my faculties and I saw bright spots. Decided I should call it a night and head home. The walk to the elevator from my mother's apartment seemed miles away and I almost wanted to sit on the floor and pout like a 5 year old. FINALLY, I got out of the apartment bldg and began walking to my apartment. The trippy spotted lights happened again and I kept seeing things that werent there. Last straw was reaching my bldg and I saw an rather large alligator scurry across my lawn. I live in the midwest. That was earlier this year and I dont think I will taste that anytime soon!

whatev said on Fri, 12 Jul 2013 at 21:38...

Milly is the kind of person who got absinthe banned in the first place.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.