Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Dear Ms. Fairy... (my experience)

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by Robert
on Thu, 13 Nov 2008 at 14:57

Robert said on Thu, 13 Nov 2008 at 14:57...

Most Dear Ms. Fairy,
First, thank you for the real input., I love flavors and real food. This includes the liquids I ingest (in jest?).I recently bought a bottle of purported Absinthe. The flavors were very nice and I can now personally attest to the effect.

Having come of age in the mid sixties, I an more than intellectually familiar with the effects of psychotropic substances.
However , when I was 18, I had my first experience of Ouzo. For breakfast. As an amateur calligrapher, (Take notes in English text wit a real broad pen and bottle of ink ad see how far you get) I was called on to do body art. 18, bodies, hormones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The next morning as I looked for something to eat I encountered a bottle of Metaxa ouzo where I expected to find cereal.

I think there are substances in Anis and Licorice that are more neurologically active than are recognized. I think the differences between cannabis , kiff(sp?) and hashish. Ouzo, in the morning, on an empty stomach. zing !!! However, I am examining this in comparison to state distilled (Deutschland) slivovitz (85% ethanol), and the comparison is illuminating. The Absinthe was 78% ethanol and had what must have been significant amounts of anis etc... I am going to try to find some "real" Absinthe.

Thank you for your contribution to my continued growth,
Robert

TrishX said on Sat, 15 Nov 2008 at 15:49...

> "The next morning as I looked for something to eat
> I encountered a bottle of Metaxa ouzo where I expected
> to find cereal."

lol LOL lol

Insomnious said on Tue, 18 Nov 2008 at 21:56...

But this is what absinthe is about............. experimenting.......... experiencing..... feeling...... REALLY feeling stuff. This current world is so fast paced. I remember the 60's as well, as Robert mentioned.

So my question to you, TrishX, is what are you lauging at? You should be crying at the current state of the world, not laughing at people who recount better times.

TrishX said on Wed, 19 Nov 2008 at 14:52...

Did you forget to take your Prozac, Insomnious? Because you do sound depressed. Secondly, I wasn't laughing *at* Robert, I was laughing at that line he wrote. Because I did find it funny, that's all. Forgive me for being happy ;-)

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.