Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Russian gets burned in absinthe ritual!

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by Bibi la Puree
on Mon, 13 May 2013 at 09:14

Bibi la Puree said on Mon, 13 May 2013 at 09:14...

Out, out, brief candle! A Russian dude got burnt after allowing a barman to pour a shot on absinthe (which was aflame) into his gob:

"Alexey Ponamarev, 28, had to be rushed to hospital with burns to his face after the incident in a bar in Novosibirsk, south-west Siberia, which was caught on camera by his girlfriend.

Doctors treated him for first- and second-degree burns and Mr Ponamarev is now reportedly preparing to sue the bar for half-a-million roubles (£10,300)"

Accidents will happen I suppose...especially when pouring burning high proof alcohol into a patron's mouth while his head is prostrate facing the Heavens. I blame health and safety....could be a good story line for Ben Elton's hilarious new comedy.

ty9 said on Tue, 14 May 2013 at 08:02...

According to some reports Ponamarev asked Bykov (the bartender) to use absinthe. Bykov claims he usually only uses Sambucca!!! In a typical Ruskie deadpan sort of way Bykov says: "the guest insisted that I try the absinthe version and the guest is always right – but unfortunately it had negative consequences for him"

Negative consequences! Getting one's face lit of fire!

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Wed, 15 May 2013 at 08:32...

A silly bar stunt but also very much part of the machismo of the new East.

Hubert's Horn said on Sat, 25 May 2013 at 17:57...

That started in the 1990s out East, yes? I can see the attraction of caramel in absinthe...but if it is something that is new and modern...best not <anyone know where you can buy monocles?>

Miss22 said on Wed, 29 May 2013 at 05:09...

Another crazy way to "enjoy" your hooch:

"Diet-conscious drinkers who want to get drunk without consuming empty calories are turning to a dangerous method that involves pouring alcohol over dry ice so the vapors can be inhaled."

I've got a lovely bottle of shiraz that I'm going to inhale with a beef rendang.

Old Nick said on Wed, 29 May 2013 at 11:42...

Yes indeed! Nothing like inhaling a nice G&T at sundown!

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.