Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Absinthe gets Fashion

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by La Fee Vertigo
on Mon, 4 Jun 2012 at 13:05

La Fee Vertigo said on Mon, 4 Jun 2012 at 13:05...

According to the PR blurb, Kitsuné "a French electronic music record label and fashion label" has partnered with Pernod Absinthe to create a "capsule fashion collection" which will be launched at Paris fashion Week. Am I alone in not understanding what the &*%$ this is about. There's all kinds of surreal statements as well:

Absinthe is "a French jewel rooted in the imagination of artists.” or has "DNA and deep connection with the world of artists" DNA, jewels that spring roots? It's Oscar Wilde and the tulips again!!

Tante Leen said on Mon, 4 Jun 2012 at 22:01...

What a sheltered life you have lead. Imagine not knowing what a capsule fashion collection is! Get a life!

ty9 said on Tue, 5 Jun 2012 at 08:49...

New to me as well. It means a few important items....i.e another way of saying not many dresses. Pernod are issuing a limited edition of.....wait for it....1805 bottles of absinthe in conjunction with the Kitsune capsule.

Kitsune is the name for fox in Japanese and it can change appearance!

Here is more about the music + fashion core combination concept capsule:

"the idea of founding a company involved in both areas during a trip to Japan, where many people like both fashion and music, and are not afraid to combine them"

Old Nick said on Tue, 5 Jun 2012 at 18:22...

Are the Japanese unique in that regard? Punk! Mods and Rockers!

La Fee Vertigo said on Wed, 6 Jun 2012 at 08:11...

"Punk!"

Been watching Michael Winner's cinematic masterpiece :-) I bet one of the costumes has wings and no prizes for guessing the color.

Anonymous said on Sun, 8 Jul 2012 at 12:13...

Absinthe is a Swiss jewel rooted in the apothecary shop.

Tante Leen said on Tue, 31 Jul 2012 at 08:03...

Mr Karl Lagerfeld always makes me happy! He has a nice caring face

Old Nick said on Wed, 1 Aug 2012 at 10:25...

lol Pinched is the word that springs to mind, or maybe cadaverous! A real sourpuss....

ty9 said on Mon, 3 Sep 2012 at 19:45...

The "Maison Kitsune" Pernod Absinthe bottle est arrive! There is a pic of the bottle on a website called Colette dot fr. The website plays muzak without being requested to do so....very bad manners. The absinthe bottle has a fox and a load of other "crazy" stuff as one might expect.

Tante Leen said on Sat, 8 Sep 2012 at 07:31...

It is true:

http://www.hintmag.com/post/something-different-maison-kitsune-x-pernod-absinthe--september-07-2012-1908

sans muzak

ty9 said on Sun, 16 Sep 2012 at 14:47...

Pernod and Kitsune "sharing common values of “Savoir-Faire” and transmission of heritage,”.....more double Dutch from the darlings.

HelloDucky said on Sat, 6 Oct 2012 at 15:16...

"The bottle features a whimsical, preppy print, created exclusively for this collaboration, and inspired by adventures with the Absinthe green fairy" There is also a whimsical shirt and cap with the same design. You may view this load of whimsy at trendland.com (where else!) The design is a challenging* tapestry of foxes and flowers, inspired by_________ choose your own term. What it has got to do with Fee Verte or absinthe is difficult to comprehend. (*by challenging I mean total #@%$)

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Sun, 5 May 2013 at 20:28...

I despise fashion - well, I did. I was watching Bloomberg the other day (something to do with work) and there was an interview with Vivienne Westwood. What an extraordinarily clever and profound woman she is! She was talking about cultural malaise and it's relation to distraction and consumerism. Very eccentric, but deeply profound...I intend to find out more about her.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.