Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Absinthe Brewing Kit

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by Hammond
on Mon, 16 Apr 2012 at 16:17

Hammond said on Mon, 16 Apr 2012 at 16:17...

Hello everybody :-)

Absinthe brewing kit, any advice or pointers for me? I have some experience with brewing beer, wine etc but not absinthe as was thinking about giving it a go. It is possible to brew absinthe?

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Thu, 19 Apr 2012 at 10:58...

Historically speaking it is possible to brew absinthe. There are plenty of references made to home brew under the descriptor absinthe in journals from the 19th century. As for the actual absinthe brewing? You need to get the balance of botanicals just right! It is not a case of a bit of this and a bit of that.

Anonymous said on Sun, 1 Jul 2012 at 13:11...

Genepi is produced by macerating the aromatic parts of artemisia absinthium in a strong neutral spirit, yes?

ty9 said on Wed, 18 Jul 2012 at 15:30...

It is the name of the mountain plant (wormwood family) and yes it is made that way. These wormwood extractions exist throughout Europe because Artemisia absinthium is a curative plant. What's the Polish one called?...I always forget!

La Fee Vertigo said on Sun, 22 Jul 2012 at 18:08...

Don't forget wormewood wine (yes, that's the spelling)

"there is to be had at the stilliard at London a kind of wine named wormewood wine, which I would ... I was wont, when appetite failed, to steepe a branch or two of common wormewood in halfe a pynte of good white wine, ..."

Of course you can now have a row about what is meant by common wormewood. Pray continue, Sirs

PS. For the last time it's Piolunowka - why you can't remember such an easy word is beyond belief. (look up The Unpronounceables) lol

Hammond said on Thu, 13 Sep 2012 at 18:36...

Thanks, but what about the absinthe brew kit? It is Fall and I am minded to try...might give the absinthe wine a try as well!

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Sat, 4 May 2013 at 08:12...

Absinthe wine? I know that I am a bit late to the party, but I wonder if anyone has ever tried such a thing. The recipes exist of course.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.