Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Bairnsfather Distilled

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by ty9
on Wed, 8 Feb 2012 at 17:56

ty9 said on Wed, 8 Feb 2012 at 17:56...

Anyone enjoy this drink? The reason i ask is that i spotted a news piece about him producing his "first distilled absinthe" the article is here

I think I am right in saying that this used to be the original Sebor Absinthe, right? I recall drinking it years back and quite liking the herbaceous toungue blast buzz of the wormwood. Quite a powerful aroma as well! Just curious that he is now distilling... what was he doing before? I suppose it was maceration?

La Fee Vertigo said on Thu, 9 Feb 2012 at 11:14...

In the olden days when the only absinthe to drink was Hill's...there was also Sebor (which was cool) I know it is made differently, but I can't remember how! My historic mind says some special sort of maceration...it is definitely not like Hills (and all that sort of thing) anyway. I also remember vaguely that we were told to drink with an absinthe pipe!

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Sat, 11 Feb 2012 at 19:33...

Maybe you should do some basic research? It takes a few minutes to discover the answer is maceration followed by freeze filtration. In my opinion you cannot drink absinthe with a pipe.

La Fee Vertigo said on Tue, 14 Feb 2012 at 16:44...

Why can't you have a drink from an absinthe pipe? The thing is glass and was designed for that very purpose. You fill the bowl with crushed ice and absinthe and then use the shank to slurp it up. There is picture of Johnny Depp drinking absinthe from one. QED!

Old Nick said on Fri, 2 Mar 2012 at 09:44...

Are you actually drinking or sucking that absinthe. I am splitting hairs :-)

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.