Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Absinthe Cocktail (for commies)

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by La Fee Vertigo
on Thu, 3 Nov 2011 at 21:42

La Fee Vertigo said on Thu, 3 Nov 2011 at 21:42...

A publicity hungry mixologist (aka bar tender) has created an absinthe cocktail referencing the "Occupy Wall Street" affair:

Angst on Wall Street
1 ounce vodka
1/2 ounce Absinthe
1/2 ounce cucumber water*
Splash lemon juice
1/2 ounce simple syrup
2 cherry tomatoes
Black pepper and sea salt

Note the use of vodka! The blurb goes on about throwing tomatoes (or something like that.) Try it whilst singing L'Internationale or relaxing at home with Terry Eagleton.

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Fri, 4 Nov 2011 at 19:18...

Cucumber water sounds like a Victorian medicament! (Two tablespoons of cucumber water for colic.) Aside from that it's a Bloody Mary.

La Fee Vertigo said on Sat, 5 Nov 2011 at 12:49...

No "War - Cester - Shire" sauce though.

Then raise the green libation high!
Within her thrall we live and die,
Though masses sup their beer
We'll keep La Fee Verte flying here.

Old Nick said on Mon, 7 Nov 2011 at 18:07...

Shall we take it from the header that you dislike "Occupy Wall Street", LFV? I read somewhere that a "Bloody Cow" is a Bloody Mary with beef consume - a kind of pick me up from the 20s/30s.

La Fee Vertigo said on Wed, 9 Nov 2011 at 21:28...

I dislike simple minded reactions to complex problems, Nick. The stock market is nothing to do with those bundled up mortgage based derivatives that gave everyone a cold.

Tante Leen said on Sun, 11 Dec 2011 at 10:11...

When American sneezes, Europe catch a cold...and England erects a cordon sanitaire.....peut-être?

Holy Joe said on Fri, 10 Feb 2012 at 16:34...

Get over to the Sheraton in Denver for some absinthe cocktails, they is a havin' a party

"In honor of the upcoming Yves St. Laurent exhibit at the Denver Art Museum....blah blah blah...Absinthe, a distilled, highly alcoholic, anice flavored spirit made from flowers, leaves and other herbs, was made popular by the bohemians in late 19th and early 20th century Paris. The spirit, which has a natural green color, is often referred to as the "green fairy" for the pale green mist that rises when cold water is poured through a special spoon over a sugar cube into the absinthe.

SOURCE: Sheraton Denver Downtown

lol

I want some green mist with my anice! Why can't I have some green mist as well!

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.