Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Absinthe Fire Ball - busted

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by La Fee Vertigo
on Mon, 14 Jun 2010 at 09:18

La Fee Vertigo said on Mon, 14 Jun 2010 at 09:18...

Some guy who creates absinthe "fire balls" has been busted! The bar is Apotheke in New York. Apparently this fire stunt involves setting fire to the whole bar and has even featured on "The Real Housewives of New York City" His name is Albert Trummer and he wants "to re-create the absinthe dens of 19th century Paris"

He got a "reckless endangerment" charge. There is another gentleman who does this fire + absinthe thing isn't there?

ty9 said on Mon, 14 Jun 2010 at 20:33...

Paul Nathan

La Fee Vertigo said on Tue, 15 Jun 2010 at 07:20...

You are a treasure trove of all things absinthe! Can you tell me if there was ever such a thing as an absinthe den in the old days.

PS You a native New Yorker, so you should know the score by now. You grew up ridin' the subways, running with people up in Harlem, going down in Broadway. What is view of Herr Trummer:

1. A nice guy, a victim of 'elf and safety
2. A pyromaniac
3. A bar promoter who performs cheap stunts for sensation seeking New York morons.

Old Nick said on Wed, 16 Jun 2010 at 08:19...

I think a beady eyed member of the public reported him to 'elf and safety :-) I do not think the stunt he got "busted" even involved absinthe.

La Fee Vertigo said on Wed, 16 Jun 2010 at 21:26...

Yeah there is always some nosey #@$%&* that ruins everybodys fun! It was the same when they closed my lap dancing bar :-( Martha (our boa constrictor) was just doing what she did in the wild, i.e crushing her dinner.

ty9 said on Thu, 17 Jun 2010 at 05:07...

and you are a treasure trove of drunken nonsense...I suppose that there were absinthe dens in the past.

La Fee Vertigo said on Sun, 20 Jun 2010 at 09:04...

Dive bars that served absinthe or actual absinthe dens? Den seems to imply illegal activity, like an opium den. Wait though...opium dens were about when opium was legal? The kind of place that one might meet Dr Fu Manchu when requesting to see the owner due to a discrepancy with the bill.

a. cave / lair abode of an animal
b. HQ of morally dubious - den of thieves
c. a squalid little room
d. a small, cozy room in a house (Americanism)
e. a small, localized unit of Cub Scouts

Anonymous said on Wed, 25 Aug 2010 at 10:40...

Remember Bert Trummer?

Albert Trummer said today, after a court appearance on charges that he put on a dangerous show by pouring booze across his bar and igniting it.

"There is no (fire code) requirement for flaming drinks," the self-proclaimed Austrian "cocktail artist" said after a brief court appearance on his misdemeanor reckless-endangerment case.

I agree, its this kind of petty bureacracy that stops decent law abiding citizens from

ty9 said on Thu, 26 Aug 2010 at 08:37...

from what???

Anonymous said on Sat, 29 Jan 2011 at 17:26...

from dressing up in a pink frilly dress and invading Poland (before tea and cakes at the Berghof)

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.