Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Get Him to the Greek Absinthe

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by Old Nick
on Thu, 3 Jun 2010 at 11:19

Old Nick said on Thu, 3 Jun 2010 at 11:19...

Get Him To The Greek, a movie. Russell Brand plays the absinthe sozzled Aldous Snow, a washed up pop star. According to the ever so hip New York media it is "ye olde absinthe" that Brand drinks....anyway the story is a comedy involving getting a drunk (and drugged up) Aldous from London to a comeback show in Los Angeles. Brand is rather famous for leaving messages on answer phones as you may recall. Despite being a small minded old fogey I like him a lot and I also like that other fellow, J. Ross.

La Fee Vertigo said on Fri, 4 Jun 2010 at 08:35...

Russell's PR would have done well to brief that Andrew Sach's portrayl of Manuel was racist. "I learn it from a booook"

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Tue, 8 Jun 2010 at 08:40...

Ye olde absinthe would be a wormwood only liquor perhaps :-)

Anonymous said on Wed, 9 Jun 2010 at 05:16...

Absinthe is the star of the movie according to the Dallas News:

" I can pinpoint the exact moment when Get Him to the Greek won me over. Aldous convinces Aaron to cut loose a little and try some absinthe, the borderline hallucinogenic liquor made popular by the desperate merry-makers of fin de siècle Europe (and later, if you're into headache-inducing movie musicals, by Moulin Rouge";-)

Desperate merry-makers! Was your favourite fds drinker "desperate"?

La Fee Vertigo said on Mon, 14 Jun 2010 at 09:31...

end of cycle = desperate

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Sun, 20 Jun 2010 at 21:19...

There wrong word is "merry-makers" and desperate is just evidence that the writer does not understand the meaning of the term. It is anticpation of a new era and is often optimistic actually! Debauchery and exuberance defined fin de siecle Europe.

La Fee Vertigo said on Sun, 27 Jun 2010 at 22:00...

As opposed to the debauchery and sense of doom in the modern age....

ty9 said on Wed, 30 Jun 2010 at 21:26...

The line is “Have you ever drunk absinthe from the 1900s?" lol

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.