Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Green Fairy, but not the original..

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR
on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 at 15:17

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 at 15:17...

This caught my eye:

"Not the original wicked Green Fairy, but her charming great-granddaughter, who jogs and favours organic ingredients"

Decent journalism is alive and well ...in Canada!

ty9 said on Fri, 26 Feb 2010 at 10:40...

lol where is the story? What makes modern green fairy "not original"? I am guessing it is thujone.

La Fee Vertigo said on Wed, 7 Apr 2010 at 12:05...

The original Green Fairy Absinthe was a Swiss Miss. As we all know from watching those dubbed *Heidi* shows, Heidi's granny used to get hammered on absinthe and go on the rampage in the local alpine village. Thank god Lassu (the Swiss Lassie) used to find her in the snow and bring her home to a good belting from Grandpa.

Old Nick said on Fri, 9 Apr 2010 at 07:48...

There is no mention of an absinthe "rampage" in any Heidi production. You mean Jean Lanfray?

La Fee Vertigo said on Sat, 10 Apr 2010 at 14:38...

Didn't the Nazi party outlaw many of Johanna Spyri's works; Heidi auf der Reeperbahn etc? I think these have details of Heidi's career choices and the dipsomania of Oma Adelheid.

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Sun, 11 Apr 2010 at 08:38...

Please do not feed the troll / madman. Recent *BS* has included the oompa lumpas, The Pope, and now the drinking habits of a fictional Swiss orphan's nonexistent grandmother. L'absinthe rend fou.

La Fee Vertigo said on Mon, 12 Apr 2010 at 09:00...

Oma Adelheid & The Green Fairy! Chapter 12 of Heidi Up The Secret Passage. >:-(

If Heidi had no grandmama, then from where did she come? Did Alp-Öhi produce Heidi's mama from his head, like Zeus with Athena? You are the madman as it is you that is suggesting that Alp-Öhi was an hemaphrodite or parthenogenetic. Absinthe does make you mad, perhaps you should clean your dirty mirrors and take a look at yourself.

ty9 said on Wed, 14 Apr 2010 at 13:34...

Ignoring the troll :-(

La Fee Vertigo said on Wed, 21 Apr 2010 at 12:22...

Not a troll. Your antipathy towards the very essence of Swissiness that is Heidi is oblivious. She no longer skips through those Alpine meadows you know! Now she's an old hag and can be found holding up a bar in Hamburg (down by the docks) Heidi's done it all, she's broken every code and pulled the sailors to the floor. Swiss eyes, Swiss eyes, how come you attract so many flies?

Buy her an absinthe and say hello to her toothless knowing smile.

La Fee Vertigo said on Wed, 21 Apr 2010 at 12:24...

Nota Beano: the bar is called Der Grune Fee mit Katzenjammer (The Green Fairy with Wings) Look, think twice, it's another day for you and me without her lice.

Old Nick said on Sat, 24 Apr 2010 at 16:47...

Heidi is now a lice laden old hag sipping absinthe in a Hamburg dive bar!
:-(
How awful. How did that happen, LFV?

ty9 said on Thu, 29 Apr 2010 at 12:20...

Do we really care actually? It is like when he sent me an email saying that Andy Pandy had fallen off the wagon, Looby Loo took him to The Priory etc etc. Now it's Heidi :-( Someone should have him sectioned, PLEASE!

La Fee Vertigo said on Tue, 25 May 2010 at 16:41...

Andy Pandy fell in with the wrong crowd. The city is not a concrete jungle. It is a human zoo, a thousand stories to be told.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.