Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

MAKTUB ABSINTHE

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by KALDORA
on Tue, 7 Jul 2009 at 16:57

KALDORA said on Tue, 7 Jul 2009 at 16:57...

Hi everyone. Ms Jekyll it's a pleasure. I'm new to the forum and also new to absinthe. I took your advice and went for ordering a bottle of Maktub (green). I can hardly wait to enjoy! I'm thankful i came across your website the information was insightful. I must admit I'm stepping out of the box on this one what a paradox. I'm a man who enjoys a little whiskey, a western movie, and writing when I'm inspired. A family member has even talked me into taking tango lessons. Definitely, I have lost my mind. But, I have always been up for an adventure. I'm an ancient 36 year old who hasn't tried absinthe. I will keep you posted on how it goes down

THANKS

Old Nick said on Fri, 10 Jul 2009 at 12:28...

Hi Kaldora,

If you've lost your mind you are in good company :-) Seriously, if you enjoy writing then absinthe is a good partner, it tends to make the ink flow as they say.

KALDORA said on Mon, 20 Jul 2009 at 16:59...

Thanks for getting back with me Old Nick. You're right, I can't wait to hear from Ms Jeckyll. She seems to be as mysterious as the green fairy herself. My bottle just arrived on Saturday of all days. I haven't opened it yet but it won't be long. It got to the US pretty quick but it took forever from New York to my house. I don't understand that. Anyway, I'll chat with you later.

KALDORA said on Tue, 21 Jul 2009 at 03:25...

When I opened you, I realized a familiar smell. I have never had Absinth before but I can honestly say it was as if I had smelled that and tasted that before. I was fantastically thrilled by the first sip. Then came a gulp. This Absinth was too easy to drink and it was rather minty. I know this night could get very interesting. I have a keen perception and it was about to get pounced on. Thank you Maktub!

Ricki said on Mon, 27 Aug 2012 at 13:20...

Does anyone know how much thujone there is in Maktub absinthe?

ty9 said on Wed, 29 Aug 2012 at 13:51...

I would think that it is in the 60-80mg range based upon my samplings of other absinthes. As the poster mentioned above there is a familiar aroma with Maktub and that's wormwood. The more aromatic the absinthe, the more natural oils and that is basically thujone. Hope this helps. Did you enjoy it? It is rather strong :-) It has a reputation as the "brain washer" lol

Hubert said on Wed, 6 Feb 2013 at 16:19...

Does Maktub have a lot of anise flavor I wonder...the aroma that everyone mentions is wormwood (GOOD) but anything else please.

Roberto said on Thu, 30 May 2013 at 07:50...

No it does not have a sticky licorice/ anise flavor you *can't* smell that when the bottle is opened. That is a good thing as you can smell wormwood as people say! it is very pungent and to taste it has all kinds of mint and citrus then maybe a small bit of anise. It is not ouzo it is absinthe of course.

userk77 said on Mon, 4 Nov 2013 at 14:55...

Maktub is v. strong (like this absinthe is not for messing with) the alcohol strength is way up there and so is the wormwood level. So you guyz should know that wormwood will stop the alcohol feeling like it does with bourbon or vodka...slips down a treat if you mix it right but take it easy!

kisser said on Sun, 24 Nov 2013 at 14:18...

Maktub has a very powerful scent like a forest or something....kinda fresh?? Mixes good in cocktails

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.