Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Virgin's New Absinthe Cocktail

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by ty9
on Fri, 1 May 2009 at 17:18

ty9 said on Fri, 1 May 2009 at 17:18...

Here's a new one....the "Mile High" Absinthe Cocktail which will be served on Virgin America. Recipe??? LTV Absinthe, sprite, lemon wedge. Sir Richard Branson had a team burning the midnight oil on that one ..congrats :-(

"the first airline to offer guests absinthe in-flight," said Porter Gale, Vice President of Marketing at Virgin America. blah blah.....

Old Nick said on Sat, 2 May 2009 at 11:34...

High proof alcohol and airline travel are a marriage made in heaven.

Anonymous said on Sat, 2 May 2009 at 18:53...

yep...especially when the booze is washed down with a cold lemonade! oh that was nice and refreshing I think I'll have another one......

:-) said on Sun, 3 May 2009 at 10:31...

Virgin is serving LTVerte which is 50%, not all that high for absinthe.

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Sun, 3 May 2009 at 21:54...

I ONLY use Air Turkmenistan as they are the only remaining carrier that allows in-flight pipe smoking. See you in Ashgabat!

Anonymous said on Thu, 14 May 2009 at 10:46...

I wish they would bring back the Hindenburg / Zepplins and smokers could use an outside observation deck when wishing to light up.

Old Nick said on Sun, 24 May 2009 at 12:17...

"Virgin is serving LTVerte which is 50%, not all that high for absinthe"

Le Tourment Vert is designed for mixing with cocktails. Also, lemonade is a really delicous mixer with absinthe you know. It actually works very well!!!! try and see. What would you prefer, ty9? A lady with an absinthe fountain serving you in your seat?

The Hindenberg was equipped with a smoking room actually. A photograph exists of the steward serving passengers cigars. NOTE: This is not a joke.

ty9 said on Sun, 31 May 2009 at 14:15...

Oh (red face)...I tried with a jug of homemade lemonade. It is rather refreshing and the lemon sugar rounds off the wormwood...my apologies to Sir Richard.

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Thu, 4 Jun 2009 at 15:06...

I shall be taking the King (King of Spirits) on my next flight via Ashgabat (the city of love)

Old Nick said on Mon, 8 Jun 2009 at 08:19...

Sir Richard and I accept your apologies, ty9 <snigger>

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.