Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

King of Spirits

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by Walty
on Tue, 28 Apr 2009 at 12:47

Walty said on Tue, 28 Apr 2009 at 12:47...

How is King of Spirits? I am interested to try this spirit and would like to know. Cheers

ty9 said on Tue, 28 Apr 2009 at 16:57...

King of Spirits is a Czech absinth and has wormwood in the bottle (anyway I think that is the one) I have a vague recollection only of drinking it ...hic..and I recall it had a robust and challenging earthy flavour.

:-) said on Fri, 1 May 2009 at 11:07...

King of Spirits is a wormwood drink actually, there is a rather alarming picture of van Gogh on the label. I think they also make another one called King of Spirits Gold which is rather expensive and another called King of Spirits Platinum......

JR Davis said on Thu, 4 Jun 2009 at 11:07...

King of Spirits Gold has 100mg thujone. To be honest there are people that LOVE the King and those that do not. It is a real "bad boy" absinthe and is often described as NOTORIOUS :-) I personally like it as it has an honest wormwood smack and a rather unique effect. I also found if you want a fight on the internet just mention it and a gang of guys will turn up and start kicking off. Welcome to the wild world of absinthe :-) The King is hardcore, beware.

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Thu, 4 Jun 2009 at 14:47...

The King! ... sounds live Elvis. I saw him last week you know...

BarBoy said on Sat, 6 Jun 2009 at 11:54...

Yup, he lives in a trailer park with his mama (like Johnny Bravo)

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.