Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Wormwood seeds

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by marie
on Wed, 4 Feb 2009 at 12:06

marie said on Wed, 4 Feb 2009 at 12:06...

Hallo :-) I want to grow some wormwood this coming springtime & I am looking for a good source of quality wormwood seeds. Some ideas for me?
Thanks xxx Marie

Troy said on Fri, 6 Feb 2009 at 06:50...

Wormwood grows wild in many parts but there are different types. I guess some special shops have the potent wormood seeds. It is a pest plant in some places though.

Anonymous said on Sat, 7 Feb 2009 at 17:40...

I understand that cultivation, soil, sunlight, oxygen levels etc also affect the thujone levels. I think you can get wormwood seeds at most stores but it might not be a good variety.

LoveIb said on Mon, 9 Feb 2009 at 13:12...

Wow, great idea! I had a bottle of absinthe from Czech and had wormwood seeds in the bottle :-) Perhaps I could have planted them.

ty9 said on Tue, 10 Feb 2009 at 09:54...

Wormwood seeds in a bottle? Nah, I think they are the lower stem (that bit is just aromatic and not bitter) There is a kind of "Canabis Vodka" with hemp seeds and perhaps that is what you mean.

Kym said on Wed, 2 Jun 2010 at 10:12...

I would like to know the different types of WORMWOOD plants and what type I have.

Shelby said on Wed, 2 Jun 2010 at 10:13...

This website is shit!!

Bob said on Mon, 28 Feb 2011 at 21:54...

Kym aka Shelby: why not plant some wormwood seeds in your a*** and grow a tail

Anonymous said on Mon, 6 May 2013 at 11:42...

Is there anyone selling wormwood seeds from high thujone plants? I want to grow my own wormwood this summer, dry it, and make a maceration with a whole bunch of other stuff like anise ++ any ideas??

ty9 said on Tue, 14 May 2013 at 08:08...

A good question! Of course artemisia absinthium that grows at high altitudes will yield a higher thujone content. I wonder if that is the case when the plant is moved to a different climate? if one used the seeds from an natural alpine wormwood source...

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.