Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Mansinthe Marilyn Manson

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by Plonk--Drinker
on Thu, 29 Jan 2009 at 13:01

Plonk--Drinker said on Thu, 29 Jan 2009 at 13:01...

This from a wave of PR in todays press about Mansinthe

"Manson was already a very controversial figure, just like the artists of the 19th century. So for me he was the ideal partner."

:-( Marilyn Manson the modern day Rimbaud?....as Jackie Collins is the modern day Shakespeare I guess.

"And Manson was known as a connoisseur of absinthe"

"Matter, who now has a T-shirt with the words "The Manson Gang" and "66.6 percent," for the alcohol content of Mansinthe, said he was astounded by how well Manson was accepted locally, though he had never visited the village."

I don't know whether to laugh or puke (a liquid laugh)

Captain Cronk said on Thu, 29 Jan 2009 at 15:28...

Well spotted, plonk- breath. Herr Mansinthe has his own MySpace page! Here we learn as follows:

Religion: Agnostic
Television TV sucks
Smoke / Drink: No / Yes
Books Rezeptbücher aus dem 19. Jahrhundert, Kunstbände, Okkultes, BDSM

Recipe books from the 19th century and S/M. Herr Mansinthe's dinner parties must be a real laugh ;-)

Anonymous said on Fri, 30 Jan 2009 at 19:12...

Rimbaud wasn't an artist! Brian Hugh Warner (aka Marilyn Manson of Mansinthe) is an artist, he painted the picture on the bottle of Mansinthe. Sneer on but get your facts right.

ty9 said on Sat, 31 Jan 2009 at 11:09...

Mansinthe was actually reviewed by Epicurious and here is what they had to say:

"So did Mansinthe have what it takes to be a premium absinthe? According to the tasters, the answer is, sadly, no. The No. 1 problem was the aroma, which some verbally compared to sewage water or swamp mud, but with the exception of a lone taster, the panel felt it wasn't really worth wading through the odor to get to mediocre flavor anyway. Sorry, M.M"

Herr Mansinthe threw a wobbly about that on his blog.

>Recipe books from the 19th century and S/M. Herr Mansinthe's dinner parties must be a real laugh

LOL. I suppose he can whip up something in the kitchen.

ty9 said on Sat, 31 Jan 2009 at 11:17...

Oh... and Marilyn Manson himself said:

“Wormwood, when you distil it, makes this thing called thujone; it’s like the equivalent of THC in marijuana. I have a guy who sends it to me in a dropper.” Marilyn Manson

:-)

Alexis said on Sun, 1 Feb 2009 at 17:06...

""Religion: Agnostic"" I thought Manson was the Antichrist? His Mansinthe absinthe hooch is 66.6% proof so he must be, right?

Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, etecetera...

Old Nick said on Sun, 1 Feb 2009 at 18:00...

Evan Rachel Wood Can't Stomach Marilyn Manson's Mansinthe
May 7, 2008 AT 03:00 pm

“For my birthday, I did one shot to try it, and that was it,” Wood said. “I was drunk immediately. Being who he is, Manson wanted to make it as strong as it could possibly be, so it’s got the highest amount of wormwood that you can have legally. One shot of it, and you’re out for the night. Three shots of it, you’re dead.”

What a pack of bullshot that is! I suppose that this Wood woman is Manson's moll, what?

MacU Pista said on Mon, 2 Feb 2009 at 14:39...

"so it’s got the highest amount of wormwood that you can have legally"

None. Marilyn is the Antichrist and Mansinthe is in fact Satan's (DELETED)

Anonymous said on Tue, 3 Feb 2009 at 17:05...

Picasso, van Gogh, Marilyn Manson

Old Nick said on Wed, 4 Feb 2009 at 11:48...

In the New York Times article about Mansinthe it says:

"After absinthe was banned by the Swiss in 1910, it went underground. “You could find it in every household,” said Mr. Matter, 40, a lanky man with a shaven head. “It was kept as medicine.”

A Swiss Village Has Peace, Quiet and a Product Endorsed by Marilyn Manson. January 28, 2009

Medicine? I thought it had been transformed into an aperitif and it's medicinal usage had long since stopped. Apparently not....

Troy said on Fri, 6 Feb 2009 at 06:54...

Mansinthe should be a black absinthe $65 plus shipping :-(

HolyFather said on Mon, 9 Feb 2009 at 12:24...

Mansinthe is made by Matter, that is the guy behind such goofy brands as Twin Tec Absinthe Biker Medicine.

"The name of the star is Wormwood" Revelation 8:11

66.6% is the mark of the marketing man!

Dorian Hexapolis said on Mon, 7 Nov 2011 at 09:17...

Marilyn Manson is in the news again in yet another absinthe related outrage. Apparently, although please don't tell another soul, he got drunk on absinthe and got into someone else's car......errrr that's it.

I am sure that Manson would be mortified if the story got out (although strangely it has been "discovered" by many tabloid news outlets) Oh why can't they leave poor Marilyn alone, he's such a giant star in the firmament of celebrity.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.