Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Absinthe Christmas?

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by Anonymous
on Mon, 8 Dec 2008 at 21:48

Anonymous said on Mon, 8 Dec 2008 at 21:48...

looking for a good absinthe for christmas. thanks

Old Nick said on Tue, 9 Dec 2008 at 09:05...

Christmas absinthe! I think that the "masters" of novelty brands i.e Mansinthe, Twin Tec Bikers Medicine and all that jazz have actually brought out a brand called Christmas Absinthe! It is perhaps distilled using a recipe known only to Santa and his elves, and uses a secret ingredient.

Seriously, I would say that it depends on what you like taste wise...do you like anise for example (aniseed)?

Anonymous said on Wed, 10 Dec 2008 at 21:42...

don't mind anise though it shouldn't overwhelm the flavor. thanx nick

herby said on Thu, 11 Dec 2008 at 21:20...

the flavour of what, wormwood? wormwood is a bitter herb for sure and was prob only used in the 1st place because of the medical effect. fact: if y'all want a nice herby booze then there are better tasting members of Ma Nature's family.

Plonk--Drinker said on Fri, 9 Jan 2009 at 09:00...

I always baste my Xmas turkey in absinthe. It usually catches fire in the oven and then I am free to order a KFC family bucket (with extra fries) for our festive treat. For dessert it has to be the McFlurry (another gastronomic delight from America) I wish it could be Christmas everyday...

Xerxes III said on Sat, 19 Dec 2009 at 10:10...

"I always baste my Xmas turkey in absinthe"

Me too. I then set it on fire and throw it out in the yard, after that I lock myself in a cupboard -with remaining absinthe and a beef jerky - and get s*#t faced. Everyone has there own Christmas "tradition" What is yours?

PS...do not disrespect my Christmas rituals, as it is part of my religion.

La Fee Vertigo said on Thu, 15 Apr 2010 at 08:23...

I encase myself in cling film and on Christmas Eve I turn off the power in my building ( I am a landlord) This ensures that my tenants remember the true meaning of Christmas without any TV or other electronic distractions. I distribute candles, horse hair blankets, and "boil in the bag" turkey dinners.

Barker said on Sun, 11 Dec 2011 at 21:10...

Christmas wouldn't be Christmas without.......absinthe. Anyone ever tried an absinthe and calvados cocktail?

Tante Leen said on Thu, 22 Dec 2011 at 21:27...

Schmutzli or Père Fouettard (for the German speaking & French speaking sections of Switzerland) is the Swiss henchman of Santa. He beats up naughty people - a charming olde world tradition from the land of the Cuckoo Clock, nest pas?

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.