Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Nouvelle Orleans Absinthe

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by cavaleiras
on Sun, 6 Jul 2008 at 10:46

cavaleiras said on Sun, 6 Jul 2008 at 10:46...

I am considering buying a bottle of this Nouvelle Orleans Absinthe. It isn't cheap at about 110 bucks. Is it any good? I already tried Kubler and I liked that but I want to try a green absinthe. I was a bit surprised when I saw the Kubler because of the colour. Thanks

:-) said on Fri, 13 Mar 2009 at 21:03...

110bucks

Nouvelle Orleans Absinthe has a higher level of thujone than is allowed in the USA.

Old Nick said on Tue, 24 Mar 2009 at 15:04...

Nouvelle Orleans is a verte and Kubler is a blanche. It just means that Nouvelle Orleans uses post ditillation colouring and Kubler does not. One is green and the other white.

Doin The Legwork said on Wed, 26 Oct 2011 at 13:47...

Nouvelle Orleans does not rely on POST coloring. The reason why it's a verte is because of a little something called chlorophyll.. from the herbs. Jade Liqueurs doesn't color their product - it's the natural color.

Of course it's available in the U.S. And anyone focused on high thujone levels have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to absinthe.

Dorian Hexapolis said on Mon, 7 Nov 2011 at 11:53...

"The reason why it's a verte is because of a little something called chlorophyll.. from the herbs"

Oh really, Professor Genius? I wonder how that chlorophyll (is that what you call it in academia's Arcadian grove?) got into the Nouvelle Orleans Absinthe? I wonder if it was colored after the distillate was spurted forth by Breaux, using a secondary maceration aka post distillation coloring!

Anyway, thank you for your "oh so clever" "I read it somewhere" erudition. We wouldn't want to keep you from your students, whose hunger for your learnin' is like that of a hog on Whitsunday morn.

Nouvelle Orleans said on Thu, 23 Aug 2012 at 18:21...

Dr Doin is right. They use white herbs in the blanche you know (not green ones.) The absinthe goes green with envy in the shadow of the distillers' super-human physique.

AbsintheFan said on Sun, 26 Aug 2012 at 15:14...

Dr Doin is a dumb@#*& Nouvelle Orleans is colored with herbs after distillation. Ted Breaux isn't the Incredible Hulk.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.