Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Absinthe Herbs

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by Solitude
on Tue, 24 Jun 2008 at 19:13

Solitude said on Tue, 24 Jun 2008 at 19:13...

I am wanting to try my hand at making some home made absinthe, and I was wondering.
Are all of the ingredients dried or are they fresh?
Can some be fresh and some dried?
Does it make a difference in taste? Dried as opposed to fresh?
Yes, distillation will be involved.

I Thank You !!!!! In advance for any help that you can give me.

Solitude

Big Bro. said on Thu, 10 Jul 2008 at 21:46...

i'm where yur at now. never tried absinthe and i don't want the crap from the store cause I'm a super freak OCD researcher and am a perfectionist at everything i do. I only been digging into absinthe for two days now since i saw it on tv awhile back and i probably know more about absinthe technically than some regular drinkers. i would say get as most fresh as possible...more cloraphyl? just an ideer (idea). or semi dry but really fresh. i do know that quality ingrediates are king. like super green and aromatic. i hope that helps. good luck. i'm no expert like i said but i wish you could see this report / graph i've made from researching Absinthe components. peace- Sam

Big Bro said on Thu, 10 Jul 2008 at 21:47...

maybe you could give me some distillation tips.

Doodle said on Fri, 5 Sep 2008 at 15:34...

I get quality dried herbs from health food stores that sell in bulk. moutainroseherbs.com is also a good resource. I grow some of my own herbs and always dry and cure them before use.

With a little ingenuity and soldering converted pressure cookers make decent stills.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.