Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Vice Lolly...naffest absinthe product ever?

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by Toddy
on Sat, 23 Jun 2012 at 20:42

Toddy said on Sat, 23 Jun 2012 at 20:42...

This is really...well...naff. An ice lolly made from absinthe and ....holy water. Such a sad and offensive "in your face" product. Yuk! It is also shaped like a pistol. It claims to be made with water from Lourdes.....it costs USD 28.50! There is a charming publicity shot of a nun licking a green pistol.

The blurb contains the following:

“Being born into a Catholic family I wanted to make a statement about religion,” O’Connor says."

It also says it was banned "by the Victorians" in the UK. Naughty Victorian killjoys!

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Sun, 24 Jun 2012 at 08:47...

What are you doing by discussing this tawdry thing? Giving it the oxygen of publicity.

ty9 said on Sun, 24 Jun 2012 at 21:10...

“Being born into a Catholic family I wanted to make a statement about religion,” O’Connor says."

lol Sure you did! I wonder what kind of a statement he was making with "Breast Milk" ice cream (another of their products)?

Old Nick said on Tue, 26 Jun 2012 at 08:11...

Tell me that is not what I think it is......

La Fee Vertigo said on Wed, 27 Jun 2012 at 08:30...

It is what you think it is. Another great idea from "Publicity Hungry Promotions" perhaps?

Tante Leen said on Sun, 1 Jul 2012 at 10:41...

Victorians did not ban absinthe. I would imagine that Vice Lolly was waiting for condemnation from the Vatican. It was ignored :-) Perhaps we can learn something from the Holy See's example.

Old Nick said on Sat, 21 Jul 2012 at 10:38...

"what kind of a statement"

Maybe that he is somewhat like a yacht owned by the Prince of Brunei ;-)

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.