Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Best Absinthe

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by TexN82
on Fri, 22 Jan 2010 at 11:51

TexN82 said on Fri, 22 Jan 2010 at 11:51...

Can you guys give me a pointer for the best absinthe?? much obliged..

ty9 said on Wed, 27 Jan 2010 at 09:30...

It is difficult to say what is the best absinthe, really depends on your taste. There is a rainbow of absinthe that awaits :-) Do you like licorice for example? Are you out to gently savour the complexity of spring meadow, or do you want a blast of wormwood?

Komo said on Sun, 31 Jan 2010 at 09:02...

There are award ceremonies, right? Can you use those to find the best absinthe?

ty9 said on Tue, 2 Feb 2010 at 17:48...

Those ceremonies tend to require the manufacturer to submit their brand, therefore you often get the "noisey" ones (if you get my meaning) not the quiet studious types at the back of the class. Could you use them to choose the best absinthe? Not in my humble opinion.

Captain Cronk said on Mon, 8 Feb 2010 at 11:04...

My cat won best in show :-) He is not for sale. I have the opinion that all this talk of spring meadows, best absinthe in the world, blah, blah, is a modern invention. Wasn't absinthe a medicinal liquor? Wasn't it really popular because of it's very high ABV?

Anonymous said on Mon, 8 Feb 2010 at 20:51...

You could "put him out" and I do not mean to go run around the yard ;-) Horses get fees for that sort of thing.

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Tue, 9 Feb 2010 at 09:15...

I think absinthe was popular first amongst the middle class French nationalists. Then it became popular as a means of speedy inebriation for the man on the street. Perhaps he did not care what the best absinthe was - but I am not sure.

Nota Bene: Do not fall into the trap of discussing the resident trolls remark - stud farms for cats - he wants to derail the topic.

Old Nick said on Wed, 10 Feb 2010 at 10:38...

Stud farms for cats lol not to be confused with a cat house ....errr sorry. Did they have awards for best absinthe in the olden days? Good question.

ty9 said on Thu, 11 Feb 2010 at 08:59...

You don't know the answer! Wow! ;-) Quick scan of all those old absinthe posters might be a good place to start, eh?

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.