Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum
Topic created by In Absinthia
on Tue, 27 Oct 2009 at 21:41
In Absinthia said on Tue, 27 Oct 2009 at 21:41...
1. Absinthe is not a drug. Absinthe will not make you hallucinate or high.
2. Fire has no part in the absinthe ritual. Lighting absinthe on fire is a modern marketing ploy used sell foul tasting “absinth.”
3. Real absinthe is not overly bitter. It is, however, smooth, refreshing and tastes delicious.
4. Much of the so-called absinthe produced in the Czech Republic and Germany is not real absinthe and should be avoided. If it boasts a high thujone content - don't buy it.
5. The best absinthe comes from France, Switzerland and Spain.
6. There was no valid scientific reason why Absinthe was banned in the USA.
7. You can not make absinthe from an extract kit or by merely soaking herbs in spirits. Do not waste your money on products or kits that make this claim.
8. Absinthe is not all about wormwood or thujone. Wormwood is just one of the principle ingredients. If it's thujone you're after, eat some sage. There is a higher concentration of thujone in common sage than in grand wormwood.
9. Absinthe is good for you. Absinthe contains many herbs that have long been renowned for their homeopathic qualities.
10. Absinthe is delicious and best enjoyed, like all other alcoholic beverages, in moderation.
Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.