Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Barack Obama Absinthe

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR
on Sun, 30 Aug 2009 at 07:43

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Sun, 30 Aug 2009 at 07:43...

Another cheesey gimmick offering from Switzerland!

Distiller creates brew in honor of Barack Obama
by Gail Mangold-Vine

"In Barack Obama's honor, he has distilled 44 liters of absinthe and named the product Le 44 ieme. Wanner plans to start selling the brew, at 47 francs per 35cl bottle, on the 100th day of the new president's term of office"

“I like the guy. He represents change, a return to authentic values.”
But that’s just one of the reasons why Wanner has created a special absinthe in US President Barack Obama’s honor. The brew is called “The 44th” and it has a 44 percent alcohol content by volume.

LOL. More fun .....which news related story / personality would you use to cynically promote media coverage ...sorry "honor" whatever / whoever?

ty9 said on Wed, 2 Sep 2009 at 18:27...

Cheesey is right :-( I thought abinthe had to be +45%?

Old Nick said on Thu, 3 Sep 2009 at 07:46...

Oy vey! you are going to argue about 1%! I wonder if Wanner sent a bottle to The White House to "honour" Barack?

ty9 said on Thu, 3 Sep 2009 at 12:11...

1% is 1% :-) Wasn't their a Three Wise Men Absinthe with myrrh from Taboo? I would like to see an absinthe "honouring" Pamela Anderson's assets called....

Anonymous said on Sun, 13 Sep 2009 at 08:27...

Whatever next....an absinthe from Marilyn Manson! ;-)

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Wed, 16 Sep 2009 at 08:06...

How about Edward The Third Absinthe? It looks like there is an absinthe being launched in Manhattan with this name. Possibilities: a total spoof, the good folks at Edward III are trying to associate with royalty (and do not speak cock-a ney) lol They say it is a blanche absinthe.

Anonymous said on Fri, 5 Feb 2010 at 15:18...

Richard III is the rhyming slang, pottymouth!

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.