Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Obsello Distiller's Reserve

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by ty9
on Sat, 27 Jun 2009 at 15:03

ty9 said on Sat, 27 Jun 2009 at 15:03...

Hype Alert! Get ready for some serious self-congratulatory copy guys:

"Though few critics have had a chance to sample the product, many have written about it in anticipation"

lol

I know of one critic who has fainted twice already this week due to the "anticipation" If anyone cares Obsello Distiller's Reserve is a "dessert absinthe"...very traditional!

Old Nick said on Mon, 29 Jun 2009 at 11:55...

This chap is at it again is he? Perhaps he has telescopic arms for patting himself on the back. The idea of a "dessert absinthe" being traditional is totally absurd. No idea what Obsello Distiller's Reserve is like, Obsello Absinthe (Absenta) is OK and that is about it.

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Mon, 29 Jun 2009 at 15:42...

"telescopic arms for patting himself on the back"

lol

Actually Obsello Absinthe sells itself as a **digestif** to be enjoyed with a "decadent dessert" To hell with the aperitif tradition then....they are after the drink trolley market. B.Alex claims that "white absinthes" are perfect as an aperitif. He makes it up as he goes along, or what?

Old Nick said on Tue, 30 Jun 2009 at 06:31...

The idea of drinking absinthe as a digestif is just daft. As for trying to make the distinction between a verte and a blanche, where the blanche is BETTER as as an aperitif "to cleanse the palette and prepare the senses for a decadent meal"....he doesn't know what he is talking about. My guess is that this is just a desperate attempt to position the beverage as "fine dining" gourmet booze.

ty9 said on Fri, 3 Jul 2009 at 11:19...

I like a fine cognac as an aperitif and I often eat chocolate cake as a starter, pudding is smoked salmon.

Nuts of course...Nuts, whole hazelnuts! Cadbury's take 'em and they cover them in chocolate. ...

Old Nick said on Mon, 6 Jul 2009 at 10:07...

A very silly concept of course, wormwood stimulates the appetite!!! I suppose it would be useful at a Roman style banquet in place of the practice of making onself sick.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.