Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Absinthe Sugar Cube

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by Lizzy_Bird
on Wed, 24 Jun 2009 at 10:56

Lizzy_Bird said on Wed, 24 Jun 2009 at 10:56...

Greetings absintheurs, what sugar cube do you use (if any) I am finding that my modern sugar cube is not suitable for the ritual :-( too hard I guess.. does not dissolve.

ty9 said on Fri, 26 Jun 2009 at 09:59...

I know what you mean! Hard as a rock. Well it is designed for putting in hot beverages. I suppose that special absinthe sugar cubes do exist? In the old days when Nick was a lad they used to cut it from a sugar loaf :-)

Old Nick said on Fri, 26 Jun 2009 at 19:25...

The absinthe sugar cube does exist (i.e one made for the absinthe ritual) Please excuse me I am off for a ride on my penny farthing...

La Fee Vertigo said on Wed, 2 May 2012 at 07:50...

So apart from jolly japes, where does one find the elusive absinthe sugar cubes?

Tante Leen said on Tue, 31 Jul 2012 at 08:07...

Try absinthehoney.com they have nice absinthe sugar

Benjamin Hill said on Sat, 4 May 2013 at 08:39...

I have also found that when dripping the absinthe onto the sugar cubes it only partially dissolves. I also believe that the modern sugar cubes are only designed for putting into hot beverages like tea and coffee. As I really only can enjoy absinthe with sugar I am quite determined to find a proper cube. I do not like the idea of adding granulated sugar as the ritual is an essential part of the enjoyment :-) Does the absinthe honey one dissolve? They sure look cute!

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Sun, 5 May 2013 at 15:41...

Why are you dripping the absinthe onto the sugar please? Do you mean that you set it a light in the Bohemian way??

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.