Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Absinthe Verte

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by Nikomedes
on Sat, 13 Jun 2009 at 11:40

Nikomedes said on Sat, 13 Jun 2009 at 11:40...

What about absinthe verte, is it a nice absinthe to try for first time absinthe drinker?

Old Nick said on Sun, 14 Jun 2009 at 08:08...

Absinthe verte is a style of absinthe, it refers to colour. There are numerous different absinthe vertes on the market. Apart from absinthe verte there is blanche (white) which does not use post distillation coloration.

ty9 said on Sun, 14 Jun 2009 at 16:46...

Sure he doesn't mean St George absinthe? Anyway it begs the question: do you prefer a verte or a blanche............

Anonymous said on Mon, 15 Jun 2009 at 18:41...

a rouge, or better still black absinthe :-)

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Wed, 17 Jun 2009 at 16:37...

I have never really seen the real attraction of a blanche myself. So the distiller can't be bothered to do a bit of post-still steeping? It is not just about color --- the botanicals impart fresh flavours to the absinthe! Stick with a verte....

Old Nick said on Thu, 18 Jun 2009 at 10:53...

lol Yes the distiiler can be bothered! It is said that blanche absinthe was used (way back when) to outwit the beady eyes of the excise man. It was popular in Switzerland after the ban because of this reason. Importantly I believe that blaches were available before the ban., so were enjoyed in their own right. Part of the enjoyment of absinthe is the color, so I am a verte man.

Anonymous said on Thu, 18 Jun 2009 at 19:33...

La Bleue isn't it? because you can see the blue sky of Switzerland in the liquor.... or some such hogwash.

Olaus Wormius said on Sun, 25 Oct 2009 at 02:12...

Did you mean Le Tourment Vert?

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.