Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Absinthe Singapore

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by Yandao
on Wed, 10 Jun 2009 at 09:35

Yandao said on Wed, 10 Jun 2009 at 09:35...

I would like to know where I can buy absinthe in Singapore or online store that ships

Anonymous said on Wed, 10 Jun 2009 at 17:29...

Is absinthe even legal in Singapore? A lot of things are not!

ty9 said on Thu, 11 Jun 2009 at 10:42...

Absinthe is not illegal in Singapore as far as I know. There may be restrictions on thujone content though, but you can certainly buy absinthe online to be shipped from Europe (I know because I have a family member there who ordered some last Christmas) I guess that Anonymous is thinking about chewing gum!

Yiddo said on Sun, 13 Sep 2009 at 15:15...

You can buy Absinthe in Singapore >>> www.highspirits.com.sg

Old Nick said on Sun, 18 Oct 2009 at 11:40...

Looks to me like they are just the Singapore distributor for Moulin Rooz, an Australian absinthe. The name Moulin Rooz does not excatly suggest that this is a serious absinthe, although one should never judge a book by it's cover (although I do that all the time :-)

THEABSINTHEPROFESSOR said on Tue, 9 Feb 2010 at 09:19...

There was a new rule issued in Singapore about absinthe, I remember because at the time they demanded that all bottles currently being sold (perhaps just the brand) needed to be sent for testing....for THUJONE.

Bo Eng Lah said on Mon, 15 Feb 2010 at 11:25...

IMPORT OF ABSINTHE CONTAINING WORMWOOD - 16 November 2009

With immediate effect, the alcoholic beverage, absinthe may be imported and sold in Singapore provided that the following requirements are complied with:

(i) thujone (alpha and beta) in the alcoholic beverage does not exceed 5 parts per million (ppm) if the alcoholic beverage contains not more than 25% alcohol.

(ii) thujone (alpha and beta) in the alcoholic beverage does not exceed 10 parts per million (ppm) if the alcoholic beverage contains more than 25% alcohol.

What is thujone?

ty9 said on Wed, 24 Feb 2010 at 10:46...

Thujone is a natural product of grande wormwood. The plant produces thujone as a defence mechanism, in the higher altitudes it produces more. Thujone has been linked to the euphoric and unusual effects of absinthe - this worries many nanny States like Singapore and the United States of America. Thujone is prohibited in alcohol in the USA.

Dan said on Sun, 28 Feb 2010 at 03:03...

We are selling the Teichenne Absinthes (from Spain) - Green, Red and Black). Log in to the website www.millies.com.sg

sup said on Tue, 22 Feb 2011 at 19:26...

I had absinthe in clarke quay, at a shots bar i think it's called chupitos bar

LaFeeVerte said on Wed, 21 Dec 2011 at 13:00...

drink better, drink green! drink it the traditional way. http://www.facebook.com/absinthe.artisan

Jennifer said on Wed, 4 Jul 2012 at 11:48...

You can buy absinthe from your home. Just visit this website called alcoholdelivery.com they make free delivery in Singapore.

clubber said on Tue, 17 Jul 2012 at 08:32...

zirca ;-)

Ted McDonnell said on Fri, 14 Feb 2014 at 01:30...

Hi, I have a 1,000 cases of Green Fairy and Dabel Absinth from the Czech Republic, held in Singapore. We are selling it off cheap as we must rid ourselves of these 500 ml cases with 8 bottles. Based in Singapore warehouse so I can sell it at or below COST. Any and all taker are accepted. Thank you

Philip said on Fri, 17 Oct 2014 at 03:53...

Hi Ted,

I would like to purchase a bottle of Dabel Absinth. What is the costing?

Cheers

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.