Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Absinthe Drinks

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by wazza
on Wed, 11 Feb 2009 at 11:50

wazza said on Wed, 11 Feb 2009 at 11:50...

R there any good mixer absinthe drinks to recommend? I just got a bottel of pernod absinthe and I am thinking absinthe drinks with Red Bull. Don't want a posh cocktail just a good party hit/ cheers

ty9 said on Wed, 11 Feb 2009 at 15:12...

Absinthe drinks for a party? You mean like long drinks I guess. Don't know about a party but I mix up a mean drink with iced tea, crushed ice, mint, tablespoon of golden syrup and absinthe for hot summer days. Delish :-) It also makes you drunk.

>Don't want a posh cocktail

LOL. I reckon that absinthe and red bull is called a "Fairy Bomb" Not served at the kind of parties where mein host presents you an historically accurate recreation of the very thing that they served at blah blah blah...zzzzzzzzzzzz

Asher Roth has an idea for you

http://www.internetgoon.com/2009/02/asher-roth-tries-absinthe.html

;-)

Old Nick said on Thu, 12 Feb 2009 at 11:24...

What on earth is he doing with that straw!

ty9 said on Fri, 13 Feb 2009 at 09:31...

See Bettina Wittels "Absinthe A Sip of Seduction" It is some kind of weird "German method"of absinthe ritual.

Anonymous said on Sat, 14 Feb 2009 at 11:37...

Something like setting it on fire, creating a vacuum, and then sucking up the air. Deeply stupid, dangerous, and basically a stunt for the mentally challenged.

Kissmey said on Mon, 16 Mar 2009 at 15:50...

Red Bull and absinthe is a modern gimmick and taste suagery and horrible, use the traditional way by mix with water, or a absinthe cocktail way to make the absinthe drinks like Death in The Afternoon with champagne.

Old Nick said on Tue, 24 Mar 2009 at 15:09...

I discovered that method described above has the horrific name of the "gas chamber method" It is popular in dive bars, and that is the kind of place where you find these "absinthe drinks" ! Cocktails with very rude names and scantily clad ladies. Agh... to be young again...or perhaps I'll just be old and take my blood pressure medicine along ;-)

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.