Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

What are the effects??

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by Amber
on Sat, 27 Dec 2008 at 06:59

Amber said on Sat, 27 Dec 2008 at 06:59...

Okay,my friends just came home from Afghanistan,and on their way home,they stopped in Germany,where they both bought a bottle of Absinthe.They want us all to experience this for the very 1st time together,but I was told that it's kind of a hallucinagenic(sp) and I'm not comfortable with that whole idea,sooo my question is:Will it make me hallucinate?and is it anything like smoking Marijuana?thanks to whoever can answer my questions :-)

:-) said on Sun, 28 Dec 2008 at 03:49...

you will only hallucinate if you lock yourself in the attic with a copy of Baudelaire's Les Fleurs du mal :-) "hallucinate" is a loaded word and does not really apply to the effect of thujone in absinthe....discuss..

ManicMan said on Thu, 1 Jan 2009 at 19:44...

thujone is an explosive subject and can cause flame wars...but it operates by blocking the function of alcohol on the GABA receptors in the brain, what y'all get is a hightened sense of suroundings, touch, sound and color. most absinthes have hardly any thujone thesedays. although the German stuff you have might...

Anonymous said on Sat, 3 Jan 2009 at 08:45...

Klinische Symptome des Absinth-Missbrauchs [Vogt & Montagne]

Gelegentliche Aufnahme
Zentrales Nervensystem:
Erregung gefolgt
Gehobene Gemütslage, dann Stimmungsverschlechterung

Anstieg der Libido

Anonymous said on Sat, 3 Jan 2009 at 08:49...

Absinthe's constituents consist of a very delicate balance of various herbs, most of which contribute in one way or another to its intoxicating effects. Ted Breaux once explained it that it is a push-me, pull-you effect of the various herbs, as some are of an heightening effect, and others are lowering. The effect on the individual is subjective, and can best be described as a kind of heightened clarity of mind and vision, mildly ponderous and sparkling, and warmed by the effect of the alcohol. This seems to wear off after 20 or 30 minutes, leaving one with an alcohol buzz. 2-3 glasses seems to do the trick. More than that, depending on the proof of the alcohol, will just make you very drunk.

Dec 12th 2002 feeverte.net

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.