Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Is it hard to get absinthe through customs

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by chucky
on Tue, 16 Dec 2008 at 17:32

chucky said on Tue, 16 Dec 2008 at 17:32...

Hello all.

Well my first experience with absinthe, if you can call it one, was with Absente.....needless to say, not what I expected.

From reading posts here and elsewhere I realize the only way to get the good stuff is to order from abroad online....my question is is this safe in regards to customs etc. and if anyone has done this from what site.

Thanks guys :-)

:-) said on Fri, 19 Dec 2008 at 06:31...

>From reading posts here and elsewhere I realize the only way to get the >good stuff is to order from abroad online..

Yup.

>.my question is is this safe in regards to customs etc.

i understand it is not illegal for personal consumption, but you cannot re-sell, that's all :-) i ordered many times and no problem. many shippers gaurantee delivery

:-)

chucky said on Mon, 22 Dec 2008 at 18:45...

Thanks...exactly what I was hoping to hear. :-)

matty said on Sat, 17 Jan 2009 at 21:49...

is it ok to put a bottle of absinthe in my luggage to bring home? Will i run into any issues? What do i claim it as and what do i say if they check my bag?

Booby said on Tue, 10 Feb 2009 at 21:11...

Bring home to the USA? Absinthe is technically, sort of, thujone-free, don't call it absinthe alone, we didn't change any law, legal. Confused? Well how do you think the average customs officer feels? Short answer is: no, it is not OK, they might confiscate it.

crawlingchaos said on Wed, 19 Jan 2011 at 15:18...

i bought some from absinthe.bz, it shiped straight from czech republic.
it passed coustoms fine and it has 110mg/l thujone and its 70% alcohol
king of absinthe platinum!

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.