Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

Vietnam war

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by BehemothUSA
on Sun, 10 Aug 2008 at 08:53

BehemothUSA said on Sun, 10 Aug 2008 at 08:53...

I heard a story about absinthe in Vietnam during the war.. which is the real absinthe and is mansinthe absinthe any good? thnaks

Old Nick said on Fri, 5 Sep 2008 at 11:31...

Mansinthe? Never tried it but it is the absinthe from Marilyn Manson. It is very probable that absinthe was made in Vietnam as it is a former French colony. I think that when absinthe was banned in Europe that they carried on making it in Spain and some former colonies. As for what is real absinthe? Anyone?

Doodle said on Fri, 5 Sep 2008 at 16:27...

Genuine absinthes contain various botanicals but, at least, the "Holy Trinity": grand wormwood (artemesia absinthium. . . hence the name), green anise, and fennel macerated in a base proof spirit made from grain, beet, or white wine. Quality is a whole different matter, altogether. I'll refrain from going into matters of taste.

BarBoy said on Sat, 13 Sep 2008 at 18:33...

Marsella Bar on San Pau in Barcelona is the place for real absinthe!

Old Nick said on Sun, 14 Sep 2008 at 08:45...

Spanish absinthe is nice! They were one of the only countries that did not ban absinthe and had continuous production. The Pernod factory moved there after the French banned absinthe. I was never in the Marsella Bar....one of those things I'd like to do before I die :-) I think Hemmingway used to drink absinthe there as well.

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.