Absinthe - A guide to the Green Fairy Absinthe Forum About MsJekyll

effects of wormwood absinthe

Posted on MsJekYll'z Absinthe Forum

Topic created by AndyWong
on Wed, 2 Jul 2008 at 09:09

AndyWong said on Wed, 2 Jul 2008 at 09:09...

I have tried a bunch of absinthes in Europe and I can tell you that this stuff is wicked! It made me feel very different to regular liquor. I woul;d like to know why and is it dangerous? Wormwood was the reason that absithe was banned before and I guess that it's like THC or something?

Fiona said on Sun, 16 Nov 2008 at 05:31...

I had an encounter with Absinthe recently. I only had two shots of it and had a very nasty reaction to it. I bought Lucid which is one of the legal absinthe in the US. I spent five hours in and out of seizures. It was the scariest thing in my life. I didn't drink a lot. This is just my own personal expiernce.

Bryan said on Fri, 20 Nov 2009 at 02:04...

I have tried a few different types of absinthe and can say that I have experianced a different type of buzz. Recently I bought a bottle of Pernod in Amsterdam and brought if back to the US, I got drunk but nothing different than drinking another stong alcohol. I tried an absinthe kit where you soak herbs in everclear and vodka (claims 85ppm of thorjone). That stuff was real bitter but the buzz was something else. Hard to explain, I felt like my senses were hightend and I was high on something while being drunk as well. I have had friends try it as well and after a shot or two they experience the same. I have since done some research and ordered an real good bottle from Europe with the 35ppm of thorjone. I will do the Pepsi challenge and report back

Want to post a follow-up?
  Go ahead:

Your name or nickname:

Your message:

Butterfly

Copyright © 1997-2009 MsJekYll
Dancing with the Green Fairy.
Since 1997.